ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Make empty volume a scratch tape

2009-02-02 00:05:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Make empty volume a scratch tape
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 06:05:09 +0100
On 2 feb 2009, at 03:24, Paul Dudley wrote:

I have performed a move data command on a tape volume which has worked
OK and moved all the data from the tape.

The pct util is 0.0, the tape is in read/write access state and the
volume state is full. How can I make this a scratch tape as it has no
data on it?

The delete vol command fails with a return status of 13. Rather than
waiting a day can I force it to be a scratch tape now?

are you sure that the vol is empty? RC 13 means that there still is
data on the volume according to TSM IIRC.

What does q cont <volser> say?

You could try: restore volume <volser>

That will delete the volume for you if it is empty, or, it you want to
force things, del vol <volser> discarddata=yes

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl