ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] What did I miss

2009-01-29 20:07:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] What did I miss
From: Larry Peifer <Larry.Peifer AT SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:07:03 -0800
Just went through a tape library swap out but ran into a problem with
getting the tsm server to see the tape library volumes.    Deleted and
added back the library, drives and paths in TSM.  The new library is a
duplicate match of the old one.  So we took all of the tapes from old and
put them into new.   The tms data base and all other components remained
the same.  What method should be used to have tsm read in the library
volumes so it knows what tapes are scratch or have data or are the
dbbackup?  I tried 'audit library' and 'checkin libvol' for both scratch
and private but 'q libvol' never showed 'Last Use' as Data, or Dbbackup.

Also,  what is the command for keeping the dsmserv from starting up and
immediately starting it's admin jobs?

Thanks in advance.