ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Remove backed up files no longer needed from TSM

2009-01-26 18:37:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] Remove backed up files no longer needed from TSM
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:36:20 +1100
If we have a server that is backed up via TSM, and that server has a lot
of files on it in a particular directory which have already been backed
up but we will never need, is it possible to delete these backed up
copies of the files from TSM to free up resources within TSM?

Thanks & Regards

Paul

Paul Dudley

Senior IT Systems Administrator

ANL Container Line Pty Limited

Email: pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

Web: http://www.anl.com.au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.