ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Sql backups of mirror databases

2009-01-22 20:00:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Sql backups of mirror databases
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:59:32 -0500
Hi Bill,

Take a look at the "/EXCLUDEdb=db-name" option:

The User's Guide is here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfd.doc/dpsql.htm

/EXCLUDEdb=db-name,...

The /excludedb parameter specifies the name of the databases to exclude
from the backup operation.
This parameter is available for all VSS and Legacy backup types.

For example:

    TDPSQLC BACKUP * full
/excludedb=NobelADX,SchoolsLookup,TheTouchStoneSchools_ADX

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/22/2009
04:02:41 PM:

> [image removed]
>
> TDP Sql backups of mirror databases
>
> Bill Boyer
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 01/22/2009 04:03 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> SQLServer 2005 on Windows2003.
>
> TSM Server 5.5.0.3 on Windows2003.
>
> TDP Sql 5.5.0.0
>

> There are 3 databases on this SQLServer that are mirrors from another
(not a
> cluster) and I have them specified in the DSM.OPT to be excluded. During
the
> BACKUP * FULL I receive errors about the status of the databases as
> "Restoring" even though I specified that the be excluded. Thus giving me
the
> 402 return code. I want to backup all the databases EXCEPT for these
without
> getting error conditions on the ones I've excluded.
>

> Exclude  "\...\NobelADX\...\*"
>
> Exclude  "\...\SchoolsLookup\...\*"
>
> Exclude  "\...\TheTouchStoneSchools_ADX\...\*"
>

> These are the error messages:
>

> Backup of SQL Database NobelADX will not be attempted.
>
> SQL Database Status: Restoring
>
> ACO5422E Received the following from the MS SQL server:
>
> An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
>
> The database "NobelADX" cannot be opened. It is acting as a mirror
database.
> (HRESULT:0x80131501)
>

> I don't want it to be attempted..that's why I excluded them!! Looking at
the
> database status in SQLServer is shows as "Mirror, Synchronized /
Restoring",