ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How can i see the files stored on a filespace on a node

2009-01-21 12:55:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How can i see the files stored on a filespace on a node
From: "Todd D. Taft" <todd_taft AT UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:54:47 -0500
I've issued SQL queries on the server similar to the one you suggested, and I've noticed that they are much slower than if I issue the equivalent queries using the ba client. Does the ba client issue a different query to get its information, or is there some reason why the ba client queries are able to respond much faster than the server SQL queries?

Is there a way that a TSM administrator, who might not know the node password, can access the standard client to issue the various commands on the client? Obviously, an administrator could change the node password and then login with the ba client, but without changing the password, is it possible for a TSM admin to see exactly what the client sees?

Erwann Simon wrote:
Hi,

It shows nicer when sqldisplaymode is set to wide BUT it could be a huge
query for your TSM server depending on the number of objects stored !

The select to run wil look like this one :
select filespace_name,hl_name,ll_name from backups -
 where node_name='<YOUR_NODENAME>' and filespace_name='<YOUR_FS_NAME>'

I personnaly prefer dsmc q fi and dsmc q ba, but these commands are from
the other side (client side).

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Erwin Zavala a écrit :
How can i see the files stored on a filespace on a node

--
Todd D. Taft
todd_taft AT unc DOT edu