ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Oracle RMAN Restore Behaviour

2009-01-14 13:55:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] Oracle RMAN Restore Behaviour
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:47:53 -0500
Hi *,

We have one large Oracle database ( 600Gb ) which is backed up nihgly using 8
threads in about 2 hours. We have a dedicated storage pool for this one
database. When it comes times for DR, we restore the storage pool and then have
the DBA restore the database. However, whenever the DBA tries to initiate the
restore using multiple threads, the restore defaults to one instead of
launching several as would be expected. Number of mount points are correct on
the server and dsm config . Why is this occurring ?

Rich