ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to delete offsite copy version only of data ?

2009-01-13 09:10:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to delete offsite copy version only of data ?
From: Norman Bloch <Norman_Bloch AT READERSDIGEST.TM DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:09:02 +0100
Hello everyone,

TSM server 5.4.3 on Windows 2003 server.

I have decommissioned all client Netware servers ; since their data were
on a specific storage pool, only for netware files, I was able to move the
related tapes out of the library ('move media ...' commands), because I'm
running out of available storage space.

I'm happy keeping that set of tapes in a safe, just in case I need to
restore some data and I'd like to remove all references to those netware
client nodes that are on the copy pool.

The main reason is I'm expecting to get into trouble when space
reclamation will run on the copy pool, with volumes turned as unavailable
and so on.

Of course, I could just delete the copy pool and re-create it from scratch
by re-backing up all primary pools but it will take maybe a week or two
and I'd like to avoid it.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Norman