ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them

2009-01-12 10:07:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:05:26 -0500
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Kauffman, Tom <KauffmanT AT nibco DOT com>
> wrote:
>
>> Specifically, I'd like to get the byte-count backed up to my off-site
>> copygroups by node name withing storage pool.
>>
>> The file  count would be nice, but I'll setlle for the byte count.

Boy, I shouldn't post things late on Fridays ^^^^  :->

> tsm: TSMSERVER1>select  stgpool_name,node_name,
> cast(sum(logical_mb/1024) as
> decimal(10,1)) as "GB" , sum(num_files) as "#Objects" from occupancy
> where stgpool_name in (select stgpool_name from stgpools where
> pooltype='COPY') group by stgpool_name, node_name order by 1,2

Wonderful! Thanks, Wanda!

>> I'd also like to be able to get the start/end times and total data
>> transfer by process.
>>

> You can get that pretty easily from the SUMMARY table.  You'll have
> to play with it though, to pick out specifically which stgpool
> process you want.
> Start here with:
>
> select * from summary where activity='STGPOOL BACKUP'

This is close, but not what I need --

I've got a severe imbalance in one of my storage pools that I'm trying to
document, so I can get it fixed. To do that, I need a way to break down the
result I get here to a count by process:
      START_TIME: 2009-01-08 04:49:12.000000
        END_TIME: 2009-01-08 08:27:48.000000
        ACTIVITY: STGPOOL BACKUP
          NUMBER: 3194
          ENTITY: ARCH-LT4 -> ARCH-LT2-COPY
        COMMMETH:
         ADDRESS:
   SCHEDULE_NAME:
        EXAMINED: 50531
        AFFECTED: 50531
          FAILED: 0
           BYTES: 876242125091
            IDLE: 0
          MEDIAW: 188
       PROCESSES: 2
      SUCCESSFUL: YES
     VOLUME_NAME:
      DRIVE_NAME:
    LIBRARY_NAME:
        LAST_USE:
       COMM_WAIT: 0
NUM_OFFSITE_VOLS:

I'm fairly certain that nearly 600 GB of this was from one node and one
filesystem (a VMWare virtualcenter proxy); I just need to be able to prove it,
so I can get the data split up better (we're supposed to have the off-site
copies and matching TSM database backups done by 07:30).

Looks like I need to spend some time brushing up on select syntax and TSM table
content.

Thanks -

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.