ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them

2009-01-09 16:02:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] I'm missing something somewhere -- I need statistics on storage pool backup and can't seem to find them
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:01:18 -0500
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Kauffman, Tom <KauffmanT AT nibco DOT com>
wrote:

> Specifically, I'd like to get the byte-count backed up to my off-site
> copygroups by node name withing storage pool.
>
> The file  count would be nice, but I'll setlle for the byte count.

tsm: TSMSERVER1>select  stgpool_name,node_name, cast(sum(logical_mb/1024) as
decimal(10,1)) as "GB" , sum(num_files) as "#Objects" from occupancy where
stgpool_name in (select stgpool_name from stgpools where pooltype='COPY')
group by stgpool_name, node_name order by 1,2

> I'd also like to be able to get the start/end times and total data transfer
> by process.

You can get that pretty easily from the SUMMARY table.  You'll have to play
with it though, to pick out specifically which stgpool process you want.
Start here with:

select * from summary where activity='STGPOOL BACKUP'

Wanda