ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] GUIs are nice, but don't overlook command-line interfaces

2009-01-09 12:50:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] GUIs are nice, but don't overlook command-line interfaces
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 11:49:26 -0600
.
I had to think of our friend Andy Raibeck's signature line when I read
this article in STORAGE magazine, which really applies to TSM even
though it does not mention it.

A lot of us (most of us?) wouldn't think of any other administrator
interface to TSM other than the command line, and we continually laugh
at IBM's various feeble TSM Admin GUI attempts, and at users' pathetic
struggles to deal with them.

http://searchstorage.techtarget.com/magazineFeature/0,296894,sid5_gci1341927,00.html

"I can tell this cigarette machine is going to be no end of trouble."
-- Bugs Bunny, addressing an errant robot