ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Commonstore open 10 000 new sessions everyday.

2009-01-08 14:37:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Commonstore open 10 000 new sessions everyday.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:37:10 -0500
>> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 16:40:20 +0100, Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT
>> CRISTIE DOT SE> said:

> As I said. It's not a problem. It's more annoying and if it is
> possible to cut down number of sessions it should be good.  Another
> thing it is also hard to look though the Activity log when you see
> CommonStore open and close all the time.

In my opinion, you want to do thus:

- Every day, dump "yesterday's" data to a file with "yesterday's"
  name.  So today, you generate something with 2009-01-07.

- Postprocess those files with some exclusions based on your
  environment's history.  (i.e. filter out connects and disconnects).

I email myself the things that make it by the filter, which means I
see a mild scattering of node registrations, filespace deletions, and
the occasional ANR9999D.

This way, you don't care as much about the log chaff.

- Allen S. Rout