ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Commonstore open 10 000 new sessions everyday.

2009-01-08 10:24:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Commonstore open 10 000 new sessions everyday.
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:23:18 -0500
>> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:52:57 +0100, Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT
>> CRISTIE DOT SE> said:

> Everything works fine for us but I don't really like it's open so
> many sessions every day.

Why do you care?

Except for wrapping the session number when you get to a million,
there's really no impact on your server.  Here's my "content manager"
( back end for commonstore, I believe) server:

   Sess Comm.  Sess     Wait   Bytes   Bytes Sess  Platform Client Name
 Number Method State    Time    Sent   Recvd Type
1,360,2 Tcp/Ip Run      0 S      155     230 Admin AIX-RS/- ASR
     32                                             6000

So at that rate you should be able to get at least four months. :)

- Allen S. Rout