ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] [OFFTOPIC] Announce online generator for LTO barcode labels

2009-01-07 19:41:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] [OFFTOPIC] Announce online generator for LTO barcode labels
From: daniel996 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 19:40:50 -0500
Jerome Alet wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 01:11:54PM -0400, daniel996 wrote:
>

> > Just a quick note to say your utility rocks!  Saved me from
> > spending several hundred $$ on pre-printed labels, thankyou!
> >

> Thanks a lot !
>
> If you don't mind please could you tell us where you purchased
> the blank labels and, if possible, the cost you obtained with
> the matching volume ?
>
> FYI in addition to the StorageTek L80 LTO1 library I've built the
> generator for, I've now tested these labels inside a Hewlett-Packard
> MSL8096 LTO3 library, and it seems to work just fine as well.
>
> I'm now trying to add support for 3592 libraries, but unfortunately
> I lack the necessary time to polish the code. If anyone is interested
> in this, please tell and I'll see what I can do. Also give me any
> info you may have about blank labels templates.
>
> bye
>
> Jerome Alet

As I am in Australia, we can't get any of the pre-sized labels your utility is
setup for (we can only get A4 sized media, not US).

I bought Avery codde J4776, which is a single A4 heavy duty label sheet and I
used a guillotine to cut the labels to size.

Autoloader I used these in is an IBM TS3200 with LTO3 FC-AL drive.

Cheers
Dan