ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Excludes

2008-12-23 10:29:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Excludes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:19:14 -0500
On Dec 23, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT wrote:

We are trying to exclude a file and I cannot find any examples of an
exclude like we would like to use and the exclude is not working.
Should this exclude work?
/ora0/.../upload/*.dat
Where the full path is something like /ora0/dbname/dir1/dir2/upload/
dbname.dat

Andy -

Perform 'dsmc query inclexcl' to see the fully "compiled" include-
exclude list, to review all contributors - which may be causing the
file to be backed up.
See the thread http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT
edu/msg79424.html
 for one recent case where Andy Raibeck revealed, in a similar case,
how inclusion was being caused.
If the cause is still not apparent, post detailed info.

   Richard Sims