ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Setting up crossbackup datacenters with TSM

2008-12-12 09:41:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Setting up crossbackup datacenters with TSM
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:41:01 -0500
> locally.  You could also do as others have recommended recommend, as do
> I - backup locally and ship copy media offsite with the TSM server DB
> backup both locally and to the remote site using virtual volumes.

This is absolutely correct, especially ifyour datacenters are DR sites
for each other.  We made the mistake of doing offsite only backups.
That is, backed up servers from datacenter A to datacenter B, where
datacenter B contained both primary and copy pool.  The problem is
that the loss of datacenter B caused all backups to be lost.  We have
since moved to the classic backup locally (primary pool) with a offsite
copy pool.

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.