ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] piping commands in dsmadmc

2008-12-11 05:04:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] piping commands in dsmadmc
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:03:12 +0100
On 11 dec 2008, at 01:13, Stephan Boldt wrote:

Hello,

is there any way to pipe use the output of one command as an input of
another? For example if I want to cancel a running space reclamation
of a
certain storagepool. So I first have to get the process number and
cancel
this process. What I'm looking for is something like this:

select process_num from processes where process='Space Reclamation'
and
status like '%TAPE_FILESYSTEM%' | cancel process

Obviously this doesn't work, but is there another way to get this
done?

the best solution I found is by building a server script that does the
select for the process id and with some sql crafting generate the
command to run. I normally just copy&paste (since these are mainly one-
off jobs), but I think you can redirect the output of the select to a
file and then call that file as a macro from within the same server
script that generated the macro in the first place.

kind regards,
Stephan

--

Remco Post