ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Script that generates a macro? Or something like that....

2008-12-08 13:38:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Script that generates a macro? Or something like that....
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 13:37:24 -0500
>> On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 12:23:58 -0600, Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
>> said:

> Is this perhaps a problem that could be solved another way, via
> throughput thresholds?

Mumble, maybe.  The stall seems to happen in the middle of some
critical section in TSM server land; it's really-truly in the middle
of processing a TCP retransmit.  I'd suspect that, if the server
doesn't wake up after being in RecvW for 10 hours, that the throughput
cop wouldn't hit it.

In any case, It appears that the network-infrastructure oops that was
making a federal case out of this has been fixed (good!) without being
identified and debugged (bad!).  Oh, well.  Thanks!

- Allen S. Rout