ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Database size, Split to multiple instances or wait for version 6.1

2008-12-04 18:52:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Database size, Split to multiple instances or wait for version 6.1
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:50:23 -0500
Interesting..  we have a database that's about the same size, but it takes
us 2 hours and 40 minutes to back it up to LTO3.  We also have 15K rpm 36GB
drives, in two mirrored RAID5,7 sets (TSM mirroring).  SAN is 2Gb
FC.  Server is P5 570.  Server is not entire idle, but mostly so.  Our
database is ancient, dating back to ADSM 1.2 days and has never been
re-organized.  How old is your database?  I'm wondering if a re-org would
improve things that much.

..Paul