ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Question about group collocation

2008-12-02 19:18:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Question about group collocation
From: Sam Rawlins <sam.rawlins AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 17:17:11 -0700
Hi Farren,

As per the Admin Guide > Configuring and Managing Server Storage > Chapter
10 > Keeping a Client's Files Together > Planning for and Enabling
Collocation, located here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.itsmcw.doc/anrwgd55330.htm#colplan
you are correct; when collocation is set to 'group,' data belonging to nodes
which are not members of a collocation group is stored "on as few volumes as
possible."
This text is found in the 5.4 and 5.5 Admin Guides. The Admin Guide for 5.3
was not as specific.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Minns, Farren - Chichester <
fminns AT wiley DOT com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I currently have a tapepool collocated by node.
>
> I have created my first collocation group and added three client nodes to
> it.
>
> So, if I now update the tapepool to collocate by 'group', am I right in
> thinking it will still collocate all nodes NOT in the collocation group by
> node?
>
> Thanks
>
> Farren Minns

> This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally privileged
> and is intended solely for the
> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient please do
> not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
> received this message in error please
> tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.
>
> Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on your
> own virus check as the sender
> accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus
> infection. Please note that email
> traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for security
> reasons.
>
> John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
> England with registered number 641132.
>
> Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester, West
> Sussex, PO19 8SQ.

Sam Rawlins