ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: [ADSM-L] Why would I need an auditdb?

2008-12-01 07:36:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: [ADSM-L] Why would I need an auditdb?
From: Niklas Lundström <niklas.lundstrom AT SWEDBANK DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:35:20 +0100
Hello

If you are having big problems with your database TSM support might want you to
run an audit of the database.

Ys,it takes along time but there are different options to the audit command
that makes the audit faster.

We have been running ADSM/TSM since 1996, 12 years, and we have NEVER had to
run an audit.
We came close about a year ago, but TSM support had some undocumented commands
that fixed our problem without an audit.

Our databases are too large, that's why a complete audit would take 4-5days,
Try to keep your databases small enough so you run an audit in like 12h

Regards
Niklas Lundström
Swedbank