ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Space management and TSM API

2008-11-29 08:08:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Space management and TSM API
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:01:54 +0100
Hello,

Is there any documentation for accessing space managed files through the
TSM API?

This is the definition of the querytype in dsmapitd.h:
/*-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Type definition for dsmQueryType parameter on dsmBeginQuery()           |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
typedef enum
{
   qtArchive = 0x00,                  /* Archive query type                 */
   qtBackup,                          /* Backup query type                  */
   qtBackupActive,                    /* Fast query for active backup files */
   qtFilespace,                       /* Filespace query type               */
   qtMC,                              /* Mgmt. class query type             */
   qtReserved1,                       /* future use                         */
   qtReserved2,                       /* future use                         */
   qtReserved3,                       /* future use                         */
   qtReserved4,                       /* future use                         */
   qtBackupGroups,                    /* group leaders in a specific fs     */
   qtOpenGroups,                      /* Open groups in a specific fs       */
   qtReserved5,                       /* future use                         */
   qtProxyNodeAuth,                   /* nodes that his node can proxy to   */
   qtProxyNodePeer                    /* Peer nodes with the same target    */
}dsmQueryType ;

Nothing here that looks like a space management query.

I didnt find anything that looked relevant in "Using the TSM API" either. From
query content on space managed files they have type "SpMg" so I guess there
has to be a specific querytype for spmg files or am I missing something here?

-km