ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Scheduler Hang

2008-11-26 18:12:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] Scheduler Hang
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:59:08 -0600
Has anyone seen the Scheduler service hang during backups?  We have seen this
with agent versions 5.3.4.8 and 5.4.2.3 on Windows 2003 SP1 & SP2.  We have
also had this happen on 2000 with 5.3.4.8.  When the scheduler is hung there
are not any sessions on the server for the hung client.  We have about 180
clients at 5.3.4.8 and about 15 have the problem.
We upgraded to 5.4.2.3 and that did not fix the problem.  We have a diverse
collection of agents and OSes and these are the only ones that are having a
consistent issue.
We are running in prompted mode and do not know of anything special on the
servers that are hanging.
Our fix is to stop scheduler and restart the acceptor and then it is good for 1
or 2 days.
The server is AIX 5.3 TSM version 5.4.2.0.

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.