ADSM-L

[ADSM-L]

2008-11-21 09:35:39
Subject: [ADSM-L]
From: "Bob Levad (641-585-6770)" <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 09:34:46 -0500
  HI-MB.w i le!
              <49254D18.8020801 AT uni-ulm DOT de>
<40F507919CB02E4AA5A48A4F2517A5E810276D3018 AT CHI-MB.wiley DOT com>
<D4B07980AD4F!  <7DDBC623-7DF7-4073-B839-83E4ABEED839 AT bu DOT edu>
Subject: RE: [ADSM-L] Collocation question
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:33:30 -0600
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

We do collocation by groups, nodes, filespaces, or "none" depending on the
storage pool.

Here is our query to see if we've got any volumes that are out of spec as
far as our collocation strategy is concerned.

select  -
        cast(vu.stgpool_name as char(9)) as "Pool", -
        (select access from volumes where volume_name=vu.volume_name) as
"Access", -
        cast(vu.volume_name as char(9)) as "Volume", -
        cast(count(distinct nd.collocgroup_name) as decimal(4,0)) as
"Groups", -
        cast(count(distinct vu.node_name) as decimal(3,0)) as "Nodes", -
        cast(count(distinct vu.filespace_name) as decimal(5,0)) as
"FSpaces", -
        (select pct_utilized from volumes where volume_name=vu.volume_name)
as "Util", -
        (select pct_reclaim from volumes where volume_name=vu.volume_name)
as "Recl" -
from -
        volumeusage vu, nodes nd -
where -
        vu.node_name=nd.node_name -
group by -
        vu.stgpool_name, vu.volume_name -
order by -
        "Groups" desc, "Nodes" desc, "FSpaces" desc

In this query, we should see a "1" in the column corresponding to the
collocation type for a storage pool.

For example, the "2" in the groups column for tcopy2b shows me that this
volume has information from 2 groups.
This should be remedied for fastest recovery in a DR situation.
TARCH1 is not collocated, so WG1016 is fine with 4 groups and 5 nodes.
TPOOL2 is collocated by node, so the 3rd volume is fine, since it shows just
1 node on the volume.
TCOPY3B has directory information on it and is collocated "none", so it also
is fine with 131 filespaces and 84 nodes.

Pool       Access              Volume     Groups  Nodes  FSpaces    Util
Recl
---------  ------------------  ---------  ------  -----  -------  ------
------
TCOPY2B    OFFSITE             WG1095          2      6        8    85.4
14.6
TARCH1     READWRITE           WG1016          4      5        6    97.1
2.8
TPOOL2     READWRITE           WG1002          1      1        5     0.6
0.0
TCOPY3B    READWRITE           WG1062          6     84      131     1.4
0.0

Bob