ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes

2008-11-21 09:34:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:33:12 -0600
The best way is to export directly, not via tapes.  Use the "export node
nodename filedata=all tos=newserver" command.  If these boxes are close setup a
backend network (using secondary NICS) and define the new server on the current
prod box using that secondary address.   Then, when you do the export you'll
use that network, and keep the extra traffic off the prod network.

Of all the methods I looked at this wound up being the best way to move the
nodes to a new server.  I'm using it now to migrate from HP-UX to a newer AIX
Server.  (and from LTO1 to LTO3 tapes).

See Ya'
Howard