ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes

2008-11-20 18:14:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:13:51 -0500
You can't copy just some DB entries.
Other people have reported success with restoring the TSM DB to the new
server, then deleting the unwanted filespaces/nodes on the new server.

But you need to review your tape inventory carefully.  The fact that your
storage pool is collocated doesn't mean that tapes necessarily have data for
only one client.  If there was ever a day where you ran short of scratch
tapes, TSM would have started stacking multiple clients per tape.

 I'd recommend checking each tape before moving it would be a good plan.  If
there are multiple nodes on a tape, you can use MOVE DATA to force the data
to other volumes in the storage pool; if scratch tapes are available,
collocation will be honored on output.  I think that would be less trouble
than cleaning up the mess after a move.