ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes

2008-11-20 16:05:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] export/import nodes
From: Remco Post <remco AT PIPSWORLD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:04:08 +0100
I've heard that this might be on the roadmap for tsm 6.X for X >= 2

On 20 nov 2008, at 15:32, Henrik Ahlgren wrote:

Hi,

I have a simple question.

Let's say that I'm splitting a large TSM server instances into few smaller servers, using a shared library with library manager/client architecture.

Now, if there are pretty big client nodes whose data is on collocated tapes, can I move a node between servers without copying the data to new tapes with export? Since collocated tapes have only data from one node, it should be possible to copy just the DB entries and change the ownership of the volumes in the library manager. Is there a way to do it? Or any other good ideas on how to migrate nodes between TSM instances without using too much tape media/network bandwidth/time/effort?

--
Terveisin

Henrik Ahlgren
Technical Manager