ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM 3200 Tape Library SAS adapters

2008-11-20 12:53:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM 3200 Tape Library SAS adapters
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:52:48 -0600
No docs, but you want as many ports as possible for maximum throughput.
Officially, you can put three drives per HBA port (through a switch, not
Y cables). I tell customers that a maximum of two drives per HBA port
will make them a LOT happier; three LTO4 drives could saturate the
connection, and that's a bad thing with tape.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee