ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving old copypool volumes

2008-11-19 05:13:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving old copypool volumes
From: "Minns, Farren - Chichester" <fminns AT WILEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:11:56 +0000
Hi people

I have a copypool with about 400 tapes in it from when we were using IBM 3590
media. Now we are using IBM3592 media and I'm unsure of the best way to get the
old data off the 3590 and onto 3592?

Is my only real option to mark each old 3590 volume as destroyed so that it
gets rebuilt? I was hoping I could set the reclaimstgpool flag on the storage
pool so that I could run reclamation on that pool and have data moved to the
new media that way, but I don't think I can use the reclaimstgpool flag on an
offsite pool?

Any tips on the best way to proceed with this would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Farren Minns