ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ugprade TSM from 5.2 to 5.5

2008-11-17 05:16:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ugprade TSM from 5.2 to 5.5
From: Martin Panggabean <martin.panggabean AT NIAGAPRIMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:15:04 +0700
Hi Howard,

What I did last Friday,

I upgrade the TSM Server from version 5.2 to 5.3 and then to 5.5.
TSM Client : from version 5.2 to 5.5
TDP for SAP from version 3.3.1 to 5.5. It works just fine. For TSM
Server, I read from the manual guide, actually we can do upgrade from
version 5.2 to 5.5. Hope this usefull for others.

Best Regards,

Martin Panggabean
Technical Consultant
PT. Niaga Prima Paramitra
Ahmad Dahlan Avenue 25
Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12130
Indonesia
Ph     : +(6221)72799949
URL    : www.niagaprima.com
E-mail : martin.panggabean AT niagaprma DOT com

Howard Coles wrote:
Martin, I did exactly what you're planning (only I also moved to new
hardware).

Here's the very high level order:
1.  upgrade the clients to a 5.3 level as its kind of middle ground.  It
will work with both 5.2 and 5.5 real well.
2.  upgrade the server to 5.5 (doing the upgradedb command).
3.  upgrade the clients to a 5.5 level.

Step one should really be optional, but I had so many of my clients at
5.3 that it just made sense to get them all to the same level.  I have
clients that I cannot upgrade so you should be fine.

See Ya'
Howard