ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] big restore - help!

2008-11-14 15:22:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] big restore - help!
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:21:00 -0500
I need to perform a full restore of a system.  It has the following
filespaces listed at the bottom.

I pull up the gui and this nice list of filespaces.  It's a PIT restore, so
I set the date/time.
I then select all the filespaces except the the OS related ones (/. /var.
etc).
 When I start the restore I get the following msg:

    ANX1395E  The destination filespace of drive letter is unavailable.
    The following obmect was not processes:  filespace:'<one of the
filspace below>'.

If I drop that one filespace from the restore, another shows up in the
error.

All the filesystems DO exist, are the correct names/paths, are correct
sizes.

I then tried to issue a cmd line to do this restore, but can't get it
correct.

question:

1)what's the error above?  I saw Richard's comment about it, but can't
make sense . . .everything seems correct.

2)  What would be the correct cmd line restore to restore all these
filespaces?
Can it be done in one cmd, or does it take separate restores per filespace.
I see no "filespace" parm . . just a spec for files.

Thanks

rick

===============================
Filespaces
================================

/SAPINST46C/
/appltrans/
/oracle/EQ1/102_64/
/oracle/EQ1/920_64/
/oracle/EQ1/mirrlogA/
/oracle/EQ1/mirrlogB/
/oracle/EQ1/origlogA/
/oracle/EQ1/origlogB/
/oracle/EQ1/saparch/
/oracle/EQ1/saparch2/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata500/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata501/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata502/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata503/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata504/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata505/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata506/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata507/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata508/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata509/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata510/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata511/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata512/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata513/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata514/
/oracle/EQ1/sapdata515/
/oracle/EQ1/sapreorg/
/oracle/EQ1/tempdata/
/oracle/client/92x_64/
/oracle/saveforpatching/
/oracle/stage/
/remit/
/sapmnt/EQ1/
/sapr3/
/scripts/
/taxaudit/
/taxware/
/tsmdata/
/usr/autosys/
/usr/sap/EQ1/
/usr/sap/SMD/
/usr/sap/put/
/usr/sap/trans/
/usr/sap/trans1/
/vi/trans/

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.