ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating servers

2008-11-07 14:48:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating servers
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 12:47:46 -0700
And I'll speak from personal experience, and when a UNIX guru of my caliber
(about .204) speaks, one should listen: when you have device driver issues on
Solaris, you are pretty much completely on your own.  Finding the one guy in
TSM support land that knows Solaris and the vagaries of Qlogic branded or Sun
branded Qlogic or, or, or, is no end of fun.

I worked with a customer for about three weeks (literally) to get this working.
 And still today, we struggle occasionally.

So to me it's either AIX or Windows (yes, you can do a lot of TSM on Windows
once you get past the bigotry!).  Choose whichever one you have the most
experience with.

Kelly Lipp
CTO
STORServer, Inc.