ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TS3500 count mismatch

2008-11-07 12:53:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TS3500 count mismatch
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:53:04 -0600
The control panel on our TS3500 reports library full with 1408 volumes.  4 are
cleaning cartridges, so there should be 1404 volumes in TSM.  But

Select count(volume_name) from libvolumes

Returns 1381, leaving 23 unaccounted for.  The Web gui shows no unassigned
volumes, so where are the missing volumes?  We asked our CE if there was
anything he knew that could account for this.  He said no.  We asked if there
was any way we could dump the inventory to EXCEL or something so we could
compare it with the libvolumes output. He said no.

Anyone out there ever seen something like this who may be able to offer some
help?

TIA.

PS

Our normal practice is to take an inventory of the library every time we do any
sort of maintenance, followed by a TSM audit.

Fred Johanson
TSM Administrator
University of Chicago

773-702-8464