ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Remote tape drives

2008-11-04 15:37:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Remote tape drives
From: Rick Saylor <rsaylor AT AUSTINCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:36:25 -0600
There is another option - using TSM server-to-server virtual volumes
instead of accessing the remote tape libraries directly. Each TSM
server stores it's copypool data as virtual volumes on the other TSM
server. I've been using this very successfully for about 5 years. No
need for anything but a IP connection.

Rick