ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem

2008-11-04 13:54:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:53:12 +0000
Thomas

There are a couple of ways to initiate reclamation. I presume from your
description that you are scheduling a RECLAIM STGPOOL THRESHOLD=x command.
The other way I can think of is to schedule an UPDATE STGPOOL RECLAIM=x
command.

We use the former instead of the latter because it means we can schedule
processes (eg other RECLAIM STGPOOLS) to run sequentially afterwards, and
we don't have to worry about subsequently changing the reclamation
threshold back to 100 to inhibit reclamation. However in your case where
you want reclamation processing to continually restart until all eligible
volumes are dealt with, it may be worth considering the alternative.

I can't recall what the period is between a process being cancelled and a
new process being started, but I do believe that until relatively recently
this was the only way to control reclamation processing.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Storage Technologies Manager
Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.

Find out about our efforts to create gardens in Yorkshire's primary
schools using a million green fingers by following this link:
http://greenfingers.yorkshirewater.com/

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682