ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem

2008-11-04 12:22:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:21:46 +0100
No :)

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Thomas Denier
Sent: dinsdag 4 november 2008 18:14
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Offsite reclamation problem

We have a 5.4.2.0 TSM server running under mainframe Linux. We have five
tape drives available for our primary tape storage pool and five tape
drives available for our copy storage pool. We run offsite tape
reclaimation with 'maxproc=5'. If a client runs a restore while off
reclamation is going on, TSM will take a tape drive away from
reclamation. This is done by cancelling a reclamation process, rather
than having a process go into mount point wait. TSM does not start a
replacement process when this happens. A restore that runs for a couple
of minutes can leave a pair of tape drives sitting idle for hours. Is
there any configuration setting or release level upgrade that will cause
TSM to handle this situation more intelligently?