ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM client security flash

2008-10-30 06:19:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM client security flash
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 06:18:01 -0400
Hello all,

I am posting this to notify you that IBM has just published a TSM Client
security flash.

There is a buffer overrun security vulnerability in the TSM Client
acceptor daemon (CAD), and also in the TSM Client scheduler if SCHEDMODE
is set to PROMPTED.

Here is the link to the TSM Client security flash:
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21322623

We also published a TSM Windows Client flash (
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21322625) and a TSM
Macintosh Client flash (
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21322626) earlier this week,
that are referred to in the security flash. There are client packages
available (5.5.1.6 and 5.4.2.4) that fix both of those problems as well as
the security vulnerability, as detailed in the security flash.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.