ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200

2008-10-22 06:14:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200
From: Jacques Van Den Berg <jvandenberg AT PNP.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:12:13 +0200
We have a TS3200 on one off our smaller sites. Had issues where it
brought our DB2 database to a halt, because the operator tried to eject
more than 3 tapes at a time. The I/O station will not open to be able to
remove the tapes. All library operation freezes, hence my db2 log file
disk pool filled up and could not migrate to tape.

I also found the library (robotic part) quite "slow". Then again I'm
used to a 3584.

Regards,

Jacques van den Berg
TSM / Storage / SAP Basis Administrator
Pick 'n Pay IT
Email   : jvandenberg AT pnp.co DOT za
Tel      : +2721 - 658 1711
Fax     : +2721 - 658 1676
Mobile  : +2782 - 653 8164

Dis altyd lente in die hart van die mens wat God
en sy medemens liefhet (John Vianney).