ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200

2008-10-21 20:43:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] IBM TS3310 vs IBM TS3200
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:42:07 -0400
I've got customers I've set up with both.
Nothing wrong with either.

Only buy the TS3200 if you are certain your environment will never require
more than 2 drives, or more cartridge capacity; it's not expandable.

The TS3310 is more robust and expandable to full rack height and many drives
(I've gone through 3 customer expansions, it's very straightforward.)  Base
unit has 6 slots in the I/O door, TS3200 only 3.

Drivers & setup for use with TSM is the same.
It's all about your requirements.