ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP Restore by File

2008-10-17 14:59:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP Restore by File
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:58:24 -0500
We have just started making NDMP backups of a Celerra and we are having an
issue doing file restores.  The file system in question has 545,666 files and
66,651 folders and it is static for our testing.
When we try to restore by file the system runs for a little bit then reports
that the TOC was not created.
"A table of contents was not created when file space /root_vdm_3/ProdFS_Perf_01
was backed up. Select a different option."

I backed it up with this command:
ba n ns80_adcw /root_vdm_3/ProdFS_Perf_01 TOC=y mode=full

And verified it with this command:
q nasba ns80_adcw /root_vdm_3/ProdFS_Perf_01

Node Name    Filespace   Object Type    Object  Creation  Has Table Image
             Name                    Size (MB)    Date    of Conte- Storage
                                                          nts (TOC- Pool Name
                                                          )?
------------ ----------- ----------- --------- ---------- --------- ----------
NS80_ADCW    /root_vdm_- Full Image  991,138.0 10/17/2008 Yes       NAS_TAPE_-
              3/ProdFS_-                        08:56:48             01
              Perf_01

I would think that 500k files would not be a problem, but maybe it is. Also,
small file systems work just fine.

I have increased the amount of memory that ISC can use, java.exe now gets to
1.8GB on the ISC server.  The ISC server is dedicated running Windows 2003.

TSM is running on AIX 5.2 and is version 5.4.2.0.

Is there anything I should look for that I may have missed?

Andy Huebner

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an authorized
representative of an intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, copying
or distributing the information in this e-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments.
Thank you.