ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Atape driver software for RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (64bit)

2008-10-17 09:40:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Atape driver software for RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 (64bit)
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:39:15 +0200
Hi Rainer

On my Suze Linux TSM Server at one of my sites (the rest are AIX), I
used IBMTape Drivers, Lin_tape.xxxxxx with the relevant lpfc driver for
Suze to work with my FC adapter.

elsntsm:/dev # ls -al
total 1
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root      6900 Sep 10 12:29 .
drwxr-xr-x 25 root root       616 Sep 10 12:28 ..
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root       100 Oct 17 15:32 .udev
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root  252, 512 Sep 10 12:28 IBMchanger0
crw-r--r--  1 root root  252, 767 Sep 10 12:28 IBMtape
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root  252,   0 Sep 10 12:28 IBMtape0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root  252, 256 Sep 10 12:28 IBMtape0n
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root  252,   1 Sep 10 12:28 IBMtape1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root root  252, 257 Sep 10 12:28 IBMtape1n

Those drivers can be found at

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Linux/archive/

for your version of Linux.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Adrian Compton