ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup order

2008-10-14 01:36:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup order
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:35:17 +0200
Hi,

On Oct 14, 2008, at 0:20 , Orin Rehorst wrote:

Our TSM was set up to nightly:

        1. backup the VTLpool to copypool
        2. backup the tapepool to copypool
        3. migrate stg VTLpool (to tapepool)

Step 2 is tape-to-tape and therefore slow.

so, make the VTLpool bigger, so everything backed up during the night
fits in there.

Could I change to eliminate the tape-to-tape and still get the job
done?

For example:

        1. backup the VTLpool to copypool
        2. backup the VTLpool to tapepool
        3. migrate stg VTLpool (to copypool)

I guess you mean to ask, can a copypool have a next stg? no it can't.
Best thing to do I think is:

- backup diskpool (I guess you have VTL in stead of disk)
- migrate diskpool
- backup VTLpool
- migrate VTLpool to Tape
- backup Tapepool