ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Slow system object backup on W2K3SP2 w/ 934016 & 940349-v3 hotfixes.

2008-10-07 17:36:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Slow system object backup on W2K3SP2 w/ 934016 & 940349-v3 hotfixes.
From: "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT PROVIDENCE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:35:17 -0700
While troubleshooting some client problems, we installed hotfixes 934016
and 940349 on Windows 2003 SP2 x86, as described in the client
requirements page:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&uid=swg2
1197133&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

The hot fixes that were actually installed are "KB934016" and
"KB940349-v3". At about that same time, it appears an old VSS bug
re-appeared.

We're seeing problems that match
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=12612
77&uid=swg21261277&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en in that we're seeing the
"- File List: Path = c:\windows\msagent\intl\, Filespec = *"  string
occurs 44 times in the "vshadow -wm2" output.

I'm going to work with the Windows Admin to see which fileset updated
the "sfcfiles.dll" file. But if anyone has any insight into this
problem, please email me and/or the list.

Thanks, [RC]

PS: The client and server version are both currently 5.4.2.0.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended for the sole use of the addressee, and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the addressee you are hereby notified that you
may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete this
message.