ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager/library conundrum

2008-10-02 12:37:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library manager/library conundrum
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:33:54 +0200

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
Of Remco Post
do you have the paths for the library client configured correctly on
the library manager? Are the paths up? Al SAN ports enabled on the
library client?

As I said, the client's request for a tape mount is honored by the
manager, and it appears that the client gets an acknowledgement that
the
tape is mounted, because it tries to talk to the tape volume. That's
when we get the

  ANR8779E Unable to open drive \\.\tape4, error number=123

Well, I'm currently on a train on my way home, but my first bet was
that there is something wrong with the drive paths. Maybe tape4 is not
the same tape4 as on the library server? do they run on the same
system? That the tapemount is honored by the library manager only
means that the s2s communication is functioning and you have your
devclass and library defined ok, not that the paths are ok.

error.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post, PLCS