ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NBU user considering switch to TSM

2008-09-30 12:44:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NBU user considering switch to TSM
From: fastweb <mariomarini_000 AT FASTWEBNET DOT IT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:03:39 +0200
*Unsubscribe

*
Raju Maurya ha scritto:
Good morning
I am using TSM and NBU , I always prefer TSM for following reason ...
1). TSM has its own command line interface which u can use for kind of
activity.
2). TSM has its own database which is good. NBU has database but it
spread in folder which can be modified accidently.
3). NBU IS TOO BUGY.
4). TSM starts only one process ( dsmserv ) , NBU start tons of
processes which is hard to manage.
5). I find TSM very friendly to script how u want . NBU no way.
6). NBU tons of administration task. But ONCE TSM architect correctly it
will work without a glitch.
7). We liked TSM , but we moving to NBU since NBU sells guy convinced
TOP management that NBU is good and make it standard. It seems TSM sells
team are not that powerfull.
so on top of my head.
Good luck

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 08:12:01 -0700, "Thorneycroft, Doug"