ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how to license tsm / tdp for oracle on vmware cluster?

2008-09-26 10:10:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how to license tsm / tdp for oracle on vmware cluster?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:08:56 -0500
Do a search from the IBM TSM software site, and / or call your IBM rep
and get in touch with your TSM licensing rep.
THAT is THE best way.

However, in your situation all you have to pay for is the ONE VMWare
server its running on.  Since you are not running an active/active
cluster the DB can only be running on 1 node at a time.  So, if one
VMWare server has more procs than the other, cover the box with the most
and you will be good to go.

See Ya'
Howard