ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM scheduler can't reach TSM client even though it seems to know it's IP address.

2008-09-22 14:13:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM scheduler can't reach TSM client even though it seems to know it's IP address.
From: "Clark, Margaret" <MClark AT SDDPC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:11:42 -0700
I hope it works for you.  We recently upgraded to 5.5.1 server on a z/OS
platform, after which most of our scheduled backups failed, apparently because
of some perceived discrepancy found by reverse lookup.
We added the DNSLOOKUP NO parameter as suggested by IBM support (it is
undocumented for z/OS) and by itself, it did not solve our problems.
We also had to restart the client acceptors on all the clients.  In a few cases
we had to perform manual backups before the new server software was satisfied.

- Margaret Clark
Systems Programmer, San Diego Data Proc4essing Corporation