ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore backupset

2008-09-18 11:13:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore backupset
From: "Conway, Timothy" <tim.conway AT JBSSWIFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:08:57 -0600
Since the TSM server is running on the node you want to restore on, why
not just let the server serve the backupset to its own client?

tconway@LUSGR0099V2ZLV
/home/tconway>runtsm q backupset flatus
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 5, Release 4, Level 0.2
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2007. All Rights
Reserved.

Session established with server TSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 5, Release 4, Level 2.0
  Server date/time: 09/18/2008 09:06:55  Last access: 09/18/2008
09:00:00

ANS8000I Server command: 'q backupset flatus'

Node Name           Backup Set Name     Data Type           Date/Time
Retention     Device         Description          Has Table

Period        Class Name                         of Conten-

ts (TOC)?
---------------     ---------------     ---------------
--------------------     ---------     ----------     ---------------
----------
FLATUS              ADHOC.229578405     File                09/15/2008
10:30:01      365           SINGLESTR-     No Description
Yes

EAM

ANS8002I Highest return code was 0.

tconway@LUSGR0099V2ZLV
/home/tconway>dsmc q backupset
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 5, Release 4, Level 0.2
  Client date/time: 09/18/2008 09:07:06
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2007. All Rights
Reserved.

Node Name: FLATUS
Session established with server TSM: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 5, Release 4, Level 2.0
  Data compression forced on by the server
  Server date/time: 09/18/2008 09:07:06  Last access: 09/18/2008
09:06:33

   Backup Set Name                  Generation Date   Retention
Description
 1 ADHOC.229578405                09/15/2008 10:30:01 365        No
Description
tconway@LUSGR0099V2ZLV
/home/tconway>