ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore backupset

2008-09-12 15:06:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore backupset
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:02:29 PDT
We have a Solaris server on which we generated a backupset from the
backups created from the Solaris client on the same box. The backupset
was created on 3592 tape in a 3494 library.

When attempting to restore the backupset from -loc=tape we specify

RESTORE BACKUPSET "/dev/rmt/1st" -loc=tape

and we receive the following message:

ANS1933E Error accessing file or device '/dev/rmt/1st'

Is it possible to restore a backupset from a device in a 3494 or must it
be a standalone drive?  Would this possibly work if the TSM server on
the box was shutdown?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.