ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.2.9: Migration from AIX to SuSE Linux

2008-09-10 14:21:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.2.9: Migration from AIX to SuSE Linux
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:15:13 -0500
You are going to run into problems just simply because of hardware
platform changes.  The 64bit RS/6000 platform uses a different endian
than the 32/64bit Intel based platforms that you would normally run SUSE
on.

Before you proceed make sure that you'll be able to access the data you
have on tape!!

See Ya'
Howard