ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] reclaim stgpool

2008-08-21 11:15:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] reclaim stgpool
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:13:31 -0400
We still use the thresholds instead of the "reclaim stg" command.  I would
make the switch if they added an "endtime" option as opposed to the
"duration" it currently has.

Our daily maintenance processes vary greatly in the amount of time they
take to complete each day, so duration is completely useless for us.
I would prefer the "reclaim stg" command because the process are actually
canceled when the "Duration" lapses.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
08/21/2008 10:21 AM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] reclaim stgpool

Hi *,

We have recently started to use the reclaim stgpool command. What is the
most efficient way to use this command ? How are users using the
offsitereclaimlimit and threshold settings ? We are reclaiming tapes, but
not nearly as efficiently as before when we would use the reclaim=60
parameter . We are at TSM 5.4.3 running on AIX 5.3 TL8.

Rich

Standard Life : 175 ans au coeur de nos vies
Standard Life: Part of our lives for 175 years

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.